The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway is holding a three day steam extravaganza on 8th, 9th & 10th October with guest locomotives and all available in-house locomotives in action.
Visiting Locomotives will be:
British Railways Standard Class 5 4-6-0 No. 73129 which is based at the Midland Railway Centre in Butterley. It is the only surviving example of the class which was fitted with Caprotti valve gear.
Ex-Haydock Foundry well tank Bellerophon, owned by the Ingrow-based Vintage Carriages Trust but currently based at the Foxfield Railway. This return visit to the KWVR coincides with the 25th anniversary of its return to traffic.
- LMS class 3F 0-6-0T No. 47279
- LMS Ivatt class 2MT 2-6-2T No. 41241
- BR Standard class 4MT 2-6-4T No. 80002
- L&Y class 2F 0-6-0 No. 957
- WD Austerity class 8F 2-8-0 No. 90733
- BLS owned 0-6-0T No. 1704 Nunlow
- Express trains, double headed trains,
- vintage trains and demonstration goods trains.
- Real ale buffet cars on most trains including our famous “Jubilee Bar” Car.
- On train hot food from our Griddle Buffet Car.
- Saturday evening ‘Gaslight Special’
- Demonstration goods trains
- Guided Tours of Haworth Locomotive Shed and Works & Oxenhope Carriage and Wagon Works
- Vintage Bus Services
Check the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway website (see link below) for timetables, fares and further details of guided tours and vintage bus services.
Related Site: Keighley and Worth Valley Railway