Chiltern Railways class 121 bubble car No. 121020, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year is visiting the Severn Valley Railway for their Railcar Reunion on 8th and 9th October.
On Friday all services will be operated using diesel multiple units, 121020 will work Kiddrmister to Arley shuttles and there will be a mixture of steam and dmu’s on Saturday with 121020 working between Kidderminster and Bewdley.
On Sunday the ever popular Classic Car & Bike Day takes place, 121020 will be on display at Kidderminster station and other dmu’s will be operating alongside the steam service.
The following diesel units are lined up for this event:
- Class 150 – 3 car 2nd generation dmu No. 150001 with thanks to London Midland
- Class 121 – 1st generation single car unit (bubble car) No. 121020 with thanks to Chiltern Railways
- Class 122 – 1st generation single car unit (bubble car) No. 55006 with thanks to the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway
- Derby lightweight 1st generation bubble car No. 79900 ‘Iris’ with thanks to the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway – The oldest working dmu in the country!
- Class 108 – 1st generation 5 car set Nos. 51941, 59250, 52064, 56208 & 50933, our resident dmu. No. 50933 is expected to be fresh from a full overhaul and repaint.
- Wickham Trolleys – Two Wickham trolleys will also be on show at Highley and will run to Arley and return on Friday and Saturday (passengers not permitted).
Check the Severn valley Railway website (see link below) for timetable and fares.
Related Website: Severn valley Railway